I go through phases with some foods… one of my current phases *read: obsessions* is zucchini. I’ve made it into bread, noodles, and now pizza. If you hang out with my husband he will likely tell you about how much zucchini he has been eating… yes it is that extreme over here. Ha!
These zucchini boats are a great healthy substitution for the usual thick crusted, high calorie pizza one might order from Dominos. These are also great because how easy and fast they are to make!
Now for the instructions…
- Pre heat oven to 350 f
- Wash and cut zucchini’s… cut off the ends and slice in half length wise
- Use a spoon and scoop out middle of each zucchini half
- Spread sauce (I used spaghetti because thats what I had) but actual pizza sauce would be really good too.
- Next add any toppings (cheese and pepperoni for me) and any spices to add some flavor (I used Italian spice and garlic salt)
- Place on baking sheet (I lined mine with foil for extra easy clean up)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tender
- Can easily be saved for leftovers and reheated in the oven
Happy healthy pizza night!